Steve and Bernadette welcome you to Le Gîte au Coin des Abeilles!
We are located just outside of the lovely village of La Caillère, Vendée, in the Pays de la Loire region.
Le Gîte au Coin des Abeilles is a renovated farm building, over 200 years old, decorated in bright but rustic taste and sleeps six to eight people.
Steve (from Leicester, UK) and wife Bernadette (from Mayenne, France) are here to help you enjoy a pleasant and relaxing stay. We can arrange to get some essential provisions for you, if you are running late.
- Quiet location, around twenty minutes walk to village centre and amenities.
- Larger supermarkets in local towns of La Chataignerie and Chantonnay.
- Traditional market in Fontenay-le-Comte.
- Only 30 minutes from the world famous Puy de Fou
- 60km from the Vendée coast with over 115km of sandy beaches.
- The natural park of Le Marais Poitevin ('The Green Venice') is only 30km away.
- Walk through the forests around Vouvant and Mervent.
- Visit the local chateaux and museums.
- The medieval dungeon at Bazoges en Pareds is only 5km away.
- Idyllic country lanes for cycling and walking.
- Fishing is available locally or half an hour's drive away is Pescalis fishery (renowned carp and pike fishery).
Languages spoken: English, French, Spanish