Steve and Bernadette welcome you to Le Gîte au Coin des Abeilles!
We are located just outside of the lovely village of La Caillère, Vendée, in the Pays de la Loire region.
Le Gîte au Coin des Abeilles is a renovated farm building, over 200 years old, decorated in bright but rustic taste. Air conditioning and heating system was installed beginning of 2022. The gîte sleeps up to six people.
Steve (from Leicester, UK) and wife Bernadette (from Mayenne, France) are here to help you enjoy a pleasant and relaxing stay. We can arrange to get some essential provisions for you, if you are running late.
- Quiet location, around twenty minutes walk (2km) to village centre and amenities.
- Larger supermarkets in local towns of La Châtaigneraie, Fontenay-le-Comte and Chantonnay.
- Traditional market in Fontenay-le-Comte and Chantonnay
- Only 35 minutes drive to the world famous Puy de Fou
- 55km from the Vendée coast with over 115km of sandy beaches.
- The natural park of Le Marais Poitevin ('The Green Venice') is only 30km away.
- Walk through the forests around Vouvant and Mervent.
- Visit the local chateaux and museums.
- The medieval dungeon at Bazoges en Pareds is only 5km away.
- Idyllic country lanes for cycling and walking.
- Fishing is available half an hour's drive away in Pescalis fishery (renowned carp and pike fishery).
Languages spoken: English, French, Spanish
Contact us by email: email@example.com or call us on; +44 7505 017139 or +33 2 51 50 64 78 or +33 6 36 01 06 14
SIRET No. 894 499 466 00015